brandonsears

brandonsears

Mr. Mercedes
Stephen King
A Long Line of Dead Men (Matthew Scudder)
Lawrence Block

Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3: One Small Step

Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3: One Small Step - Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, José Marzán Jr., Paul Chadwick So at the end of the last collection, we found out that Yorick may not be humanity's last hope after all; two men exist beyond the earth's atmosphere within the international space station. Nothing like opening your review with a spoiler!

In this installment, Vaughn pushes a subplot that has slowly been building since the beginning involving Israeli militant soldiers. Their eventual plan is to kidnap him and repopulate the homeland becoming the only nation on earth with a male population.

The only thing I didn't care for was the mini-story at the end involving a traveling theatre group. The promoter/writer seemed really cliche with several groan-worthy lines. It added little overall to the story so I was kind of confused in why it was integrated.

While I wasn't as gripped as the first two issues, it still fits well within the story so far. I struggled to give this 4 stars but eventually came to the conclusion that I'm loving this series too much at the moment. Maybe a 3.5 - 4.0 stars makes a little more sense.