brandonsears

brandonsears

Mr. Mercedes
Stephen King
A Long Line of Dead Men (Matthew Scudder)
Lawrence Block

Deadpool, Vol. 1: Dead Presidents

Deadpool, Vol. 1: Dead Presidents - Brian Posehn, Gerry Duggan, Tony Moore Deceased US presidents have been resurrected and are wreaking havoc. To protect their image, S.H.E.I.L.D. refuses to dispatch The Avengers. I mean, can you blame them? You can’t have Captain America running around lopping off the heads of George Washington, Abe Lincoln and John F. Kennedy - what a P.R. nightmare! As a last resort, they look to someone who could care less about their public image; Deadpool! Can Deadpool defeat the former heads of state before America falls?

description

Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan bring the funny as the new head writers for the Marvel Now Deadpool series. When I say be brings the funny, I mean it. This trade was damn hilarious. Just picture Deadpool battling the likes of Ronald Reagan, FDR and William Taft - who travels in a flying bathtub - while cracking some pretty hilarious one-liners and various witty remarks. The story flows well and while the humor is the central focus, it doesn't distract from the overall story.

I should also point out that Tony Moore's artwork is perfect for the series. It gives off a cartoony vibe to match the humor while also holding up strong for the intense violent scenes. I can’t wait to read the next collection!

Forget that Daniel Day Lewis movie or that other flick where Honest Abe hunts vampires - this is Lincoln’s finest 2012 appearance!

description